At last there’s something … fresh
So if you have Nexus (Prime) GSM version here’s your option for update.
READ carefuly what you need, what you have to have and how to do it!!!
Note : You MUST be on stock 4.0.2 ROM with radio XXKK6, otherwise any attempt wil fail!!!
- You need a GSM Galaxy Nexus with the product codename ‘yakju’. NOT the Verizon Galaxy Nexus, or ‘yakjuxw’, or ‘yakjusc’ or any of the other variants we’ve heard about. Check your product name before you begin using this app.
- You need to be running stock Android 4.0.2 (ICL53F) rather than any custom ROM.
- You need the Android SDK installed. Note the path.
- You need fastboot. (Windows or Mac)
- You need to unlock your bootloader. If you haven’t done that (and you really should), here’s how. (Note that if you haven’t already completed this step, unlocking your bootloader will wipe all data on your phone.)
- Download the Android 4.0.2 to 4.0.4 update from Google here.
- Download the latest ClockWorkmod recovery image from here.
- Copy the OTA package above to the /sdcard folder on your Galaxy Nexus
- Drop the ClockworkMod file in the same folder you have fastboot in on your computer in the SDK folder (either /tools or /platform-tools). Rename it to cwm.img to make things easy.
- Reboot your Galaxy Nexus to bootloader mode (hold volume-up and volume-down, then press power).
- Plug your phone into your computer, and open a command prompt or terminal. Navigate to the folder with fastboot and thecwm.img inside it.
- At the command line, type the following: fastboot-windows.exe boot cwm.img (or just fastboot.exe if that’s what you’ve got)
- Use the ClockWorkMod recovery menu to flash a zip file from the SD card, and choose the OTA zip file you downloaded earlier.
- Let things run their course.
I AM NOT TAKING CREDIT OR DONATIONS OR ANY OTHER BIT OF THE GREAT PRO BONO WORK THAT ARE INCLUDED IN THIS POST.
(credit to marcomsousa)